Skip to main content

Crafting, Baking and Drawing.Oh my!

 

I’ve been very busy since we last spoke. I’ve made progress on my craft and baking badge and I’ve also made a start on my artist badge. 

The craft I chose to do was weaving, mainly because my husband bought me a loom last Christmas and I’ve not used it in nearly a year. I decided on weaving a coaster because that was the least complicated thing I could think of. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the repetitive nature of the craft was calming, until the back ache came on!



Yesterday I made an absolutely gorgeous banana bread as one of the 3 cakes I need to complete for the baking badge. It’s an old favourite of mine, and as I’m the only person in the house who likes bananas I get to eat it all! It’s taking all my willpower not to eat it all in one go. 


On Monday I embarked upon the artist badge. I’m not a natural artist and I’ve not really attempted art since I was a child. I thought that I’d get the still life drawing out of the way first because I knew that would be the one I’d struggle with the most (I also had pencils to hand). Having no clue where to start I watched a Skillshare course on how to draw a pear from still life and this is what came out of it. It’s not the greatest thing I’ve ever created but I’m impressed it looks like what it’s meant to look like!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hats Off

  This time it’s a twofer!  Along side working towards the Rebel Badge for Craft I have also been raising money for Dementia UK! To get the craft badge you need to have completed 5 different crafts, one of which can be knitting. Which works nicely to the fact I’m doing the Knit Everyday In November Challenge for Dementia UK.  I’m somewhat of a prolific knitter as is, so this has been great fun. As you can see, I’ve already made a snazzy hat. 

Legos!

  The Builder badge has a task that includes making a 3D plant out of ready made blocks. So it’s time to buy a lot of and play with Lego! This was a wonderful to spend a few hours while feeling somewhat under the weather. It was challenging enough to keep me interested but not so difficult that I got frustrated. I have a few more Lego kits to put together in future. So

A Very Dodgy Pie

I’m working towards my baking badge. One of the tasks is to make a sweet tart. Is pumpkin pie a tart or a pie? For argument’s sake let’s call it a tart! When it comes to pastry making I’m not exactly Mary Berry. I knew that to avoid a dreadful soggy bottom that you need to blind bake the pastry case, though I wasn’t too sure of the timing. That caused the pastry of the finished pie to do a wonderful impression of charcoal. Great.  I was going to try to jazz it up with cream decorations but the phrase ‘lipstick on a pig’ came to mind. Onwards!